How do I become a Lincoln Soccer Referee?
- You must determine what course you should take to get certified:
- Grade 9 - if you are at least 12 but not yet 16 years old
- Grade 8 - if you are older than 16
- Grade 8 Bridge - if have been a Grade 9 referee for at least one year AND your age plus your years of experience add to 16 or more
- You must sign up for the most convenient course offered by the Massachusetts Referee Committee. Their schedule of courses is listed at: http://www.massref.net/Central/courseofferings.cfm
- Take the course, pass the test, and get your badge. If you don’t have referee uniform, you must get one. We suggest (there are many options available): http://www.officialsports.com/ussf_eco_uniforms.htm. You will also need a whistle and a stopwatch.
- New referees will first be assigned to U9/U10 intramural games to gain on field experience. Contact the Referee Assignor at email@example.com when you have completed the course.